10. My pain meds and iron pills are in plain sight. This last flare up has given me an appreciation for my pain pills and what they can do for me to help me heal. I continue my homeopathic ways with the pain management, but I needed a bigger stronger hit to calm stuff down. Still have not done oral steroids.
9. Leaving the house completely pain and discomfort free is a luxury and few and far between. When I first started dating my husband I was in constant discomfort for months. It was only recently that I told him how often we had been out that I just wanted to curl up on a couch. There are sometimes I still have to go out uncomfortable, but I try and make sure I’m not pretending too hard to not be. It’s important for my friends and family to know that I am sick and hurting.
8. I love when Charmin Ultra Soft is on sale, Wet wipes are cool too. I get excited about a good quality TP on sale.
7. When I get the “drop the dog” (literally) and run to the bathroom feeling my Iphone is always in my hand. (Plants VS. Zombies is my bathroom game.)
6. My first entry in my gratitude journal lately has been how thankful I am for indoor functional plumbing. Specifically, my bathroom. I love my bathroom. Not being home and being sick sucks anyway, but using other toilets is not cool.
5. Sometimes I just need a good cry. Sometimes that cry happens everyday for a week. Sometimes I laugh while I’m crying. Sometimes I don’t even know why I’m laughing crying. It just happens.
4. I really miss hot dogs. I really really really miss hot dogs.
3. It is a very humbling experience to lie on a bathroom floor and put in an enema. I thought sticking my finger in my butt with a suppository was humbling enough.
2. I’ve surrounded myself with people who love me and get me. They don’t demand on me when I’m sick and will do whatever I need just to take the edge of life off. I’ve learned to say no to people. I use this “You know, I’ve been sick and I’m really not up for that right now.” People respect that. If they don’t. I don’t need them in my life.
1. I love being able to fart. The first true fart after a long stretch of running to the bathroom farts. It’s a celebration.
What do you appreciate? Feel free to add.
~Remember: Sometimes all you can do it sit there and bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed…~